If our community is to thrive it is important to promote community connections.
We know that connections matter. That strong ties with family, friends and the community provide people with happiness, security, support and a sense of purpose. And that this connectedness builds resilience in people.
These connections matter especially for those who are vulnerable. Age, disability, chronic illness, ethnicity and socio-economic conditions are all factors contributing to the social marginalisation of vulnerable people and community groups.
The Give Where You Live Foundation’s Community Connections Grants with support from AWA Alliance Bank provide 12 month grants of up to $10,000 to support community connections as a way to build resilience for vulnerable community members. Grant requests can focus on:
- reducing social isolation of vulnerable community members to promote resilience or
- supporting social participation of vulnerable community members to promote resilience
We are currently accepting Community Connection Grant applications until 3pm Thursday 5 September 2019.
Public Information Session
All scheduled information sessions on our Community Connections Grant Rounds have concluded. If you were unable to attend the session you can view the 2020 Community Connections Grant Round Info Session Presentation which highlights additional information related to our Community, Innovation and Community Connections Grant Rounds. If you have any questions about the PowerPoint presentation please contact Cynthia Scherer, Community Impact and Grants Manager by email or phone (03) 5229 4364.
Other Resources to Assist You in Submitting a Successful Application
Below are resources that can assist you in putting forward your best application:
- 2020 Community Connections Grant: Guidelines – this resource provides all details related to the Capacity Building Grant process, from eligibility, to timeline, to assessment criteria to expectations for successful grant recipients.
- 2020 Community Connections Grant: Tips for Completing Your Application – this resource takes you through each question in the application and provides additional direction, examples or information about what we are looking for from a question.
- 2020 Community Connections Grant: Tips for Using the Online Application Form – this resource provides tips about using our online application form. This includes information about the save and resume function, attachments and common submission errors.
- 2020 Community Connections Grant: MSWord Doc Version of the Application – while applications must be submitted via our online application form we do provide a word version of the application to assist applicants in preparing their submission. We encourage you to prepare you answers in the word version and to copy and paste them into the online application.
It can also be helpful to review our past Community Connections Grant recipients.
Starting Your Online Application
Once you have reviewed all the resources above and prepared your application in the word document version you can start your online application here:
If you have any questions about eligibility, suitable grant requests, the application process or the online application form please contact Cynthia Scherer, Community Impact and Grants Manager via email or phone (03) 5229-4364.