Survive & Thrive Grants
Grants awarded through the Give Where You Live Foundation’s Survive and Thrive grant area seek to provide support those across our community who are experiencing a life inhibiting crisis by:
- Supporting immediate basic needs, and
- Supporting the building of resilience and sense of belonging and acceptance as protective factors.
These outcome areas recognise the need to meet both immediate basic needs so people can survive and build resilience so they can thrive. Grants have been awarded under the following program areas:
- Food insecurity – supporting the provision of food relief for people experiencing food insecurity.
- Homelessness – supporting people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Prevention and early intervention efforts related to family violence, sexual assault, addiction, mental health, and family breakdown.
- Building resilience through supporting increased capacity and coping strategies to support resilience
- Building community connections and reducing social isolation. Those grants supporting community connections have been supported by the AWA Alliance Bank.
The following grants have been awarded to support programs working to assist some of the most vulnerable people across the wider Geelong region, not only survive but thrive.