Grants at Work
Every day in our community, Foundation grants are hard at work. Because social issues don’t rest, so the work of our Community Partners doesn’t either.
The 2020-2021 financial year saw the Give Where You Live Foundation invest over $2.6 million into the Geelong community, including $1.6 million in grants alone.
Over the past year, our grants have contributed to the following outcomes:
- 531 CHILDREN supported with early years learning
- 733 PEOPLE impacted by sexual assault and family violence provided improved access to therapeutic group and training programs
- 352 PEOPLE supported with access to housing
- 689 CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE provided education, mental health and social connection support
- 724 PEOPLE provided counselling, social connection and support during a time of crisis
- 137 PEOPLE living with a disability supported with education, employment and social connection
- 41 STUDENTS & MOTHERS of a refugee background supported with social connection and job readiness skills
- 117 PEOPLE supported with rehabilitation and recovery support
- 21 FIRST NATIONS YOUNG WOMEN supported to pursue health careers