PITCH UP GEELONG – Supporting Social Enterprise
On Wednesday 12 June 2019 the Give Where You Live Foundation will launch its first opportunity to financially support social enterprises that are focused on employment outcomes for vulnerable populations including but not limited to refugees, young people, people with a disability, people from low socio-economic backgrounds and long term unemployed.
PITCH UP GEELONG is a live crowdfunding event powered by The Funding Network where we will connect people who want to make a change with the people who are doing it – potentially you!
We are currently seeking three social enterprises to participate in this event. We will provide:
- Pitch coaching – our professional pitch coaching will help you better articulate what you do, not only to secure funding at the event, but from other sources in the future. By presenting your work you will gain access to new networks and valuable pro bono resources, not to mention the incredible sense of confidence that pitching to a supportive crowd brings.
- Matched funding – The Give Where You Live Foundation and its partners including BOOM! expect to provide at least $10,000 per participating social enterprise to match pledges made to you at the event. That means every dollar raised for you on the night up to at least $10,000 will be matched dollar for dollar!
- The event – you will have the opportunity to participate in an event that will allow you to connect directly with a roomful of potential donors! You simply have to show up on the night and make your pitch.
If you are a social enterprise interested in participating in the first PITCH UP GEELONG event please read our PITCH UP GEELONG information sheet and then complete our online interest form by Monday 6 May 2019!
For questions about this opportunity please contact Cynthia Scherer via email or phone (03) 5229-4364.
ENGAGE is a youth philanthropy program of the Give Where You Live Foundation in partnership with Barwon Child, Youth & Family and Gforce Employment Solutions. The program educates and empowers young people age 15-25 years old in the G21 region to effect positive change, by identifying youth issues that are important to them and making grants to organisations working on these issues.
In 2017 ENGAGE worked with 12 diverse young people from across the region. Working with the partner organisations the young people identified an issue focus for the year (the causes of youth unemployment) and developed an application and review process to assist them in making grant recommendations to the Give Where You Live Board.
In December 2017 three grant awards were made:
- Ardoch Youth Foundation ($5,000) – With this grant Ardoch will develop and pilot an 8-week in-term program on “How to get a part-time job” for secondary students aged 15-17. The program will provide practical, hands-on guidance from industry experts and employers of young people to develop employability skills needed to get a part-time job.
- Whitelion ($12,000.00) – The Whitelion BEAP (Barwon Employment Assistance Program) will help young people aged 15-24 in the Geelong region who want to gain employment, however lack the supports to do so independently.
- Diversitat ($13,000) – Employment Capacity Project builds understanding of employment practice in bilingual workers and nurtures capacity in young refugees. It addresses the current lack of awareness and inability to access job seeking resources and current employment networks and equips young refugees with the knowledge they need to access the Geelong job market.
For questions about the ENGAGE program or grants please contact Cynthia Scherer via email or phone (03) 5229-4364.