Geelong Community Partner UpdatesMarch 20, 2020
The Give Where You Live Foundation is committed to keeping you up to date across the community sector with the delivery of essential services.
The Coronavirus/COVID-19 has and will continue to cause changes to critical services as demand changes and how service providers and charities are able to respond.
- Back to Back Theatre – have temporarily suspended all programming and activities
- Bellarine Living & Learning Centre (neighbourhood house in Whittington) – BLLC is remaining open at this stage with reduced hours. We will be open Monday to Wednesday 9am – 12 noon. Foodbank will still operate in a limited capacity. Please phone 248 1926.
- Bluebird Foundation, – term 1 workshops at Bluebird House have been cancelled
- Geelong Mums – as of Monday 23 March have closed their warehouse for volunteers and donations from the community pending further guidance. Check their website, facebook and instagram for updates.
- Geelong Regional Library Corporation – all branches and mobile libraries are closed until further notice. Library programming, events and outreach services have also been suspended until further notice. All return chutes have been closed, so please hold onto any physical collection items – due dates for any checked out items will be automatically extended and overdue fines have been suspended.
- Headspace Geelong – all appointments will now be made via phone, please call 5222 6690
- Homestart – closed from 4pm Monday 23/3 until at least 14/4. Check Hub 3219/Homestart or Encompass Community Services Facebook pages for updates. Not only is Homestart closed for those with material aid vouchers, they are no longer able to accept donations, so please do not leave items outside of their premises!
Relevant events that have been cancelled
- Disability Expo
- Geelong Mum’s One Mother To Another campaign which provides women’s toiletries packs as gifts for vulnerable and disadvantaged mothers at Mother Day will not go ahead this year. If you can, please hold onto your donations until the open their doors again.
- Geelong Mums Mother’s Day lunch has been rescheduled to Friday October 16
- Surf Coast Trek, 28 March
- Uniting Barwon’s monthly book sale
- Walk D feet MND, 22 March
For the latest information on the region’s food relief system and where you can obtain food please visit the Feed Geelong website here
City of Greater Geelong support page http://ow.ly/wtkR50yMleC
Barwon Health https://www.barwonhealth.org.au/