Give Where You Live is proud to announce the following 2017-19 Innovation Grant recipients. Each of these organisations will receive up to $140,000 over the next two years to fund their innovative project:
- Lorne Community Hospital – To support the healthy aging of those experiencing cognitive decline and dementia by developing and piloting a secure tablet that will allow family and caregivers to remotely input appointments, reminders and alerts. Ability to maintain a calendar of appointments, medications and activities will help those experiencing cognitive decline to maintain their independence and physical health.
- Deakin University – To reduce the likelihood that a person will commit further crime and return to prison by providing them with a structured peer mentoring program upon release from prison. The peer-mentoring program will provide direct support and referral to a range of support services that support people who are disadvantaged.
The following 2016-18 Innovation Grant recipients are entering the second year of their grant award:
- An joint initiative between BATForce, Barwon Child, Youth & Family, St Joseph’s Flexible Learning Centre-Youth + and CatholicCare – To reconnect grade 5 and 6 children in post code 3219 who are school refusing using an approach which builds the resilience for the young person, the family and the school environment through the implementation of the `Barwon Education Supported Transition’ program.
- Bethany Community Support – To alter the experience for children attending court as a direct result of their experience with family violence and to ensure that women who seek legal protection from family violence are supported at the court through the implementation of the ‘Court Support 4 Children’ program.
Previous Innovation Grant recipient’s include:
- St Laurence Housing Ltd.
- Time For Youth (now part of the merged entity Barwon Child, Youth & Family)
- Geelong Mums
- Good Beginnings
- Minerva Community Services
- Hands on Learning
- DoCare Geelong
- Bethany Community Support