Give Where You Live is proud to announce the following 2018-21 Innovation Grant recipients. Each of these organisations will receive up to $175,000 over the next three years to fund their innovative project:
- Geelong Ethnic Communities Council trading as Diversitat – To support refugees and asylum seekers to find sustainable employment through New Futures an innovative pathway that incorporates volunteers and mentors, welcomes new arrivals via the Humanitarian Settlement program and embraces the potential of a multi-lingual workforce throughout Geelong.
- Kids Thrive – To build young people’s educational engagement and trusted community networks, through supporting the Geelong Kids as Catalyst community action program, where students aged 11-13 years learn personal, social, enterprise and community development skills – forging local partnerships to design and lead the delivery of real-world, values-based projects to benefit their community.
The following 2017-19 Innovation Grant recipients are entering the second year of their grant award:
- Lorne Community Hospital – To support the healthy aging of those experiencing cognitive decline and dementia by developing and piloting a secure tablet that will allow family and caregivers to remotely input appointments, reminders and alerts. Ability to maintain a calendar of appointments, medications and activities will help those experiencing cognitive decline to maintain their independence and physical health.
- Deakin University – To reduce the likelihood that a person will commit further crime and return to prison by providing them with a structured peer mentoring program upon release from prison. The peer-mentoring program will provide direct support and referral to a range of support services that support people who are disadvantaged.
Previous Innovation Grant recipient’s include:
- Bethany Community Support (2016-18)
- A joint initiative between BATForce, Barwon Child, Youth & Family, St Joseph’s Flexible Learning Centre-Youth + (2016-18)
- St Laurence Housing Ltd. (2015-17)
- Time For Youth (now part of the merged entity Barwon Child, Youth & Family) (2015-17)
- Pathways (2015-17)
- Geelong Mums (2014-16)
- Good Beginnings (2014-16)
- Minerva Community Services (2014-16)
- Hands on Learning (2013-15)
- Glastonbury (2013-15)
- DoCare Geelong (2013-15)
- Bethany Community Support (2013-15)