This website may collect certain information about your visit – such as the name of the internet service provider and the internet protocol (IP) address through which you access the internet, the date and time you access the site, the page(s) that you visit while on the site, and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
Give Where You Live is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We do not (or will never) sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in our privacy statement below. This information is only used to administer our website, analyse trends and to generally help improve our site, and will never result in your receiving of spam e-mails.
Information gathered from visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the Give Where You Live web server – saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. This information is not linked to a visitor’s personal identification in any way.
Information entered on our enquiry form – including, but not limited to, email addresses – will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties.
Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username may be stored on the server. Email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties.
Changes to our policy
We may need to update this policy from time to time, in order to address new issues and reflect changes on our website. Please refer back to this policy regularly.
- How we collect information
- The use of that information
- If and when we will disclose that information
- Where your information is stored
- How you can change your information or preferences regarding receiving information from Give Where You Live
- How you can make a complaint if you are not satisfied.
We will typically collect your name, address, telephone number, email, payment card details, date of birth and gender. This information will collected using many different methods, however the main methods are;
- When you make a donation to Give Where You Live or participate in any fundraising activity
- Attend one of our fundraising events
- Subscribe to any of our communications
- Apply for a paid or voluntary position with Give Where You Live
- Apply to become a Give Where You Live volunteer
We may also collect information from third parties where you have agreed that that third party is able to hold your information and share it.
We also collect information from you should you view certain electronic communications that you receive from Give Where You Live. Information such as;
- If you open the email
- What links you view from the email
- What webpages you view from the email and the number of paged viewed
This data is used to allow us to better tailor communication to you and determine your areas of interest within Give Where You Live’s activities.
Use of Data
Any personal data collected will be used in manner that you would expect it to be used, as the law requires or as you have authorised. These uses may be but are not limited to;
- Processing of donations, subscriptions and newsletters.
- Processing of fundraising events and other activities.
- Marketing and direct mail activities
- Communications of the activities of Give Where You Live
Data Disclosure and Storage
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties unless required to by law. Your data is stored on secure servers in the ‘cloud’ and therefore may be stored outside of Australia. We use a third party to store your data that does comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. This data is currently stored on servers in Japan, Singapore and the United States. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorised access. We operate secure payment gateways and do not store your personal credit card details.
Changing Information and complaints