Please note our eligibility requirements have recently changed – To be eligible to apply for a grant from the Give Where You Live Foundation you must be able to demonstrate that your application:
- will impact and benefit the G21 region (The G21 region is defined as the five local government areas of the City of Greater Geelong, Surf Coast Shire, Borough of Queenscliffe, Golden Plains Shire and Colac/Otway Shire; see our list of communities and postcodes considered part of the G21 region) and;
- will impact disadvantage and aligns with one of our Grant Program Areas (Live and Learn, Live and Earn or Survive and Thrive). Program areas are how the Foundation defines disadvantage and the community issues which the Foundation regards as a priority.
- In addition, you must be an organisation* that is endorsed as a Tax Concession Charity (TCC) AND, depending on your grant request amount, a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) as covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. *Note this means you can be a not for profit organisation, a registered charitable organisation, an educational institution, an association or a cooperative, a social enterprise or in some cases a government quasi-government entity.
Below is an overview of endorsements required for each grant round. This will also be clearly stated on our website information and materials for each grant round. You will be required to provide evidence of these endorsements as appropriate with your online application.
|Grant Amount||Required Endorsements|
|· Grant requests over 10,000||Applicant organisation must be endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) as covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 and be endorsed as a Tax Concession Charity (TCC). You can visit www.abr.business.gov.au to check your organisation’s endorsements. Your organisation must also be registered (and up to date) on the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC) register.|
|· Grant requests 10,000 and under||Applicant organisation need only be endorsed as a Tax Concession Charity (TCC). You can visit www.abr.business.gov.au to check your organisation’s endorsements. You can visit http://www.acnc.gov.au/ to check your charitable organisation registration status. Please note you while you DO NOT need to be a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) as covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 to apply in these grant rounds, you may still apply if you do have DGR1.|
Exclusions – please note the Give Where You Live Foundation does not provide funding to/for:
- Individuals (this includes scholarship programs)
- Political activities
- Religious organisations when funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organisation’s religious purposes (proselytising)
- Endowment Funds, building funds, capital campaigns, annual campaigns, annual appeals or event sponsorships
- Attendance at Conferences or fundraising events
- Clinical or medical research
- Retrospective or duplicated funding
- Programs that discriminate or create community conflicts
- Auspicing – Generally the Give Where You Live Foundation does not accept auspiced applications, the organisation applying must be the one undertaking the project or program. Any exceptions require prior discussion and approval from the Give Where You Live Foundation.
- Previous grant recipients who have not completed reporting and acquittal requirements
- Specific exclusions for a nominated Grant Round
If you have any questions about your eligibility to apply for a grant from the Give Where You Live Foundation please contact Cynthia Scherer, Community Impact and Grants Manager.