Community Capital Works & Equipment Grants
While funding for operation and delivery of services is important, the reality is that non-profits must have the appropriate infrastructure in place to be able to deliver effective services.
Capital works and equipment can be essential to assisting non-profits in delivering effective services. Potential grant applicants in this category may apply for a 12 month Capital Works & Equipment Grant of up to $10,000 to:
- purchase equipment that supports operation and service delivery
- support the implementation of a minor capital works project
While there is no definitive list of possible projects in this grant category, below are some broad examples of projects that might be submitted:
- acquisition of specialized equipment related to service delivery (including vehicles)
- alterations or renovations of part of a building
- acquisition of furniture, fittings or equipment for a building
- altering or installing furniture, fittings or equipment in a building
- acquisition of computers, printers and computer-related equipment, including software
All grants are non-recurrent and will be for the 12-month period of 1 July 2020 through 30 June 2021.
The maximum grant request in this category is $10,000.
You may only apply for one Community grant i.e. if you apply for a Community (Capital Works and Equipment) Grant you may not apply for a Community (Capacity Building) Grant or a Community (Service Delivery) Grant.
Other Resources to Assist You in Submitting a Successful Application
Below are resources that can assist you in putting forward your best application:
- Community CWE Grant: Guidelines – this resource provides all details related to the Capacity Building Grant process, from eligibility, to timeline, to assessment criteria to expectations for successful grant recipients.
- Community CWE Grant: Tips for Completing Your Application – this resource takes you through each question in the application and provides additional direction, examples or information about what we are looking for from a question.
- Community CWE Grant: Tips for Using Our Online Application Form – this resource provides tips about using our online application form. This includes information about the save and resume function, attachments and common submission errors.
- Community CWE Grant: MSWord Version of the Application – while applications must be submitted via our online form we provide a word version of the application to assist applicants in preparing their submission. We encourage you to prepare your answers in the word version and to copy and paste them into the online application.
If you have any questions about eligibility, suitable grant requests, the application process or the online application form please contact the Grants Team via email or phone (03) 5229-4364.