Feed Geelong Grant Round OPENOctober 5, 2015
The 2015 Feed Geelong Grant Program is now open! All applications must be submitted by 3pm Wednesday, 21 October 2015.
Across the Geelong region there are more than 50 organisations running at least 99 programs that provide emergency food assistance to men, women and children in need. These are just the organisations we know of – we believe there are more. Many of these organisations are run by volunteers. Many of these organisations are run on a small budgets. While more and more businesses are offering their surplus quality food, many of these organisations simply do not have the means to collect, store, cook, serve or distribute this food to the people they support.
Each year the Feed Geelong appeal seeks to provide these Geelong organisations with resources to help them. In 2015 the Feed Geelong Grant Program will provide small grants (up to $5,000) to help organisations collect, store, transport, cook or distribute food to those who are doing it tough. Specifically grant funding can be used for:
• Equipment (e.g. fridge, freezer, van)
• Minor capital works (building a food pantry, installing shelving)
• Operational (e.g. fuel, rent, utilities)
• Capacity building (e.g. training for volunteers, needs assessment, evaluation, strategic planning)
Please note Grants may not be used for the purchase of food. All applications must be received by 3pm Wednesday 21 October 2015.
A number of materials have been developed to assist you with your application:
• Download the 2015 Feed Geelong Grant Program Information and Tips.doc
• Download the 2015 Feed Geelong Grant Application – Word Document to assist you in preparing your online application
Once you have reviewed these materials you can submit an online application:
• Submit a Feed Geelong Grant Application now.
If you have any questions about eligibility, suitable grant requests, the application process or difficulty in completing the online form please contact Cynthia Scherer, Community Impact and Grant Manager, Give Where You Live via email or at 03 5229-4364